Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cycling tours Kilkenny Food Trail

Whats been happening, well the garden at Rosquil has come to a stand still there is no hedging available, seems like even the nurseries had a bad winter. We pulled out all the dead plants and I am quite liking the clean look. Valerie & Jenny say I am obsessive compulsive with neat, tidy and especially clean but I think it stems for all the years as Estate Managers in America. Our employers had beautiful homes but mostly they looked like pictures from magazines. Nothing out of place, a non lived in look. When we worked in Aspen the kitchen was a nightmare as it was circular and open plan onto the living & dining room. You had cupboards that nothing fitted in because of the shape. Anyhow we catered a party, which always involved a massive clean up and I thought the place was spick & span. The next morning my employer said he found a blueberry on the floor and wanted to show me. OK, down on my hands & knees under the fridge was a single blueberry. He must have spent half the night looking for it. The girls think I am crazy! He defiantly was, ended up in jail but that's a whole other story.


Jason from Kilkenny Cycling Cours & I are setting up packages where you hire bikes for the day €15 per Adult €10 per child under 16 and off you go following the Kilkenny Food Trail many of whom belong to Good Food Ireland. You stay 2 nights with us and a double room is €160 including breakfast sourced from local producers or baked by me!There are also triple & family rooms available price upon request If there is a group of 6 or or more Phil & I will cook dinner using the produce bought along the trail as the basic ingredients and arrange for matching wines etc. You can also have a 2.5 hr guided tour of the city with Jason for €17 per person.


If you would like to self cater the apartment that sleeps 4 will be available sarting from €180 minimum booking 3 nights.


These packages are subject to availability & conditions, at the moment email me on info@rosquilhouse.com until I can get the web site updated if you are interested.


There is also the Craft Trail and several cycling routes around the county all mapped out & easy to follow.


The bikes are brand new & Jason supplies all the safety equipment. We will store that bikes in the garage (that will involve a major tidy up because it is Phil's domain!) Bikes are delivered to the door so no hassle getting them.


Jason now has a mad idea that I should go on a bike ride with him. The last time I rode a bike was in the Bois du Boulgne in Paris 20 years ago!! I think I will need an oxygen tank.


By the way still no chicken coop time is running out the - chicks will be free range, Lottie will think she has a whole lot of fluffy balls to play with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment